Sunday, March 16, 2008

It bugs me

And it shouldn't. We won't even go to that place where I am frustrated with myself for not journaling for my daughters, and showed up here (nearly five months since my last blog entry).

No, we will jump right to ungrateful relatives who are regularly asking us to visit. Us, four people on an airplane for at least 9 hours, if not 11. 2 of these people are children, one of whom doesn't 'get' about sitting still for that long. Who can blame her.

The relatives don't think about this. They wonder why we limit our visits. And then... they take trips. They take trips to Israel. They talk wide-reaching trips to various European countries. But they don't come here.

This is being an ex-pat. Living this far away from the family, the excuse is "it's too far to travel"... as though it isn't for us. And then they take trips. And they wonder why we don't visit.

Not all relatives are like this, but in my case, for my family, 2/3 of them adopt this attitude, and the other 1/3 is only recently agreeable to coming anytime soon. I can literally count on one hand the number of times my remaining siblings have visited. In 15 years.

And they wonder...

No comments: